Integrated software and Magnetic Ink Character Recognition (MICR) printer solution delivers secure printing for documents, such as checks, on an as-needed basis
SHAWNEE, Kan. – (26 June 2014)
• Lexmark’s Perceptive Software and Source Technologies have launched Perceptive Secure Print, an integrated software and Magnetic Ink Character Recognition (MICR) printer solution that delivers secure printing for documents, such as checks, on an as-needed basis.
• Perceptive Secure Print allows businesses to utilize blank check stock instead of preprinted stock, immediately eliminating many fraud enablers while also eliminating the cost of preprinted checks. MICR laser printers print the entire check, including the fixed data found on preprinted stock as well the variable data (e.g. payee name, legal amount, date, etc.).
• Perceptive Secure Print allows businesses to establish their process with user-defined rules around item types, issuers, requesters, reporting and post-issuance reconciliation. In addition, businesses can control secure document and check issuance within an on-demand environment.
• With a connector to Perceptive Content, Perceptive Secure Print enables current Perceptive Content customers to leverage their investment beyond its current functionality.
• Perceptive Secure Print is designed to seamlessly fit into a customer’s current network structure and readily accepts secure file uploads from teller platforms, accounting, HR, payroll, ERP platforms and other systems.
• Source Technologies has been Lexmark’s exclusive MICR technology partner since Lexmark’s founding in 1991 and is an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) partner, delivering many generations of secure MICR print solutions utilizing Lexmark technology.
• Collaboration between Source Technologies and Lexmark occurs at the printer engineering phase, ensuring that development is fully optimized for the secure print application.
“Building on Lexmark’s enduring relationship with Source Technologies, Perceptive Software is pleased to partner with this industry leader to help customers solve their unstructured information challenges by automating a traditionally manual process,” said Brian Anderson, Chief Technology Officer, Perceptive Software.
“Security continues to be a major concern when printing sensitive documents, including checks,” said Keith Hamilton, president and CEO of Source Technologies. “With our 25 years of industry expertise in providing innovative and secure print solutions and our long-standing partnership with Lexmark, we’re able to deliver solutions like Perceptive Secure Print – thoughtfully designed to mitigate risk when printing negotiable documents.”